Hello friends! Are you ready for February, because I certainly am. It’s a new month which means there are more books to be read.
Unlike last month, I’m hoping to read more than 4 books. Yeah, I know I said 4 books was my hopeful average. Even though this month is shorter than the rest, I will have more time to read. In the middle of the month I’m traveling to South Korea to visit my best friend from college. It’s a 14 hour flight, so you better believe I will be using some of that time to read. I’ve also declared this the month of eBooks since lugging a ton of books to and from South Korea just doesn’t sound fun.
Enough about my life, let’s get into the books I’m hoping to read this month.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (The Illuminae Files, #1) – This was the only book I wasn’t able to get to in January which makes it first on my TBR for this month. It is the first novel in The Illuminae Files series. I’m currently reading it at the moment and really enjoying it. I will probably have a review up for this as soon as I finish it.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – I’ve heard such good things about this book and recently picked it up a copy at a used book store I’m obsessed with. I don’t know what to expect, but there’s magic, star crossed lovers, and a magic competition. What more could I want?
- Tempting Fate by April White (The Immortal Descendants, #2) – This is the second book in April’s Immortal Descendants series which you probably haven’t heard of. It’s a historical fiction/fantasy series where Immortals exist (Time, Fate, Death, Nature, and War) and their Descendants have powers based on who they are related too. Our main character Saira is a descendant of Time so she can time travel. My co-worker recommended the series to me and the first book is free on Amazon so I was like why not. Needless to say, I absolutely loved it. I started the second book, but once again got distracted and never finished. This month I plan to finish this.
- The City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments, #5) – I’m reading this purely to get to the last book and for the tie-ins to the Infernal Devices series (which I loved). I was pretty underwhelmed by the 4th book because the first half of it was so slow. I’m hoping the 5th book is more interesting. We shall see though.
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (The Raven Cycle, #2) – I really enjoyed the first book in this series so I’m excited to see where the next one takes us. This series involves psychics and a search for a Welsh King. The characters are the main focus though and the reason to read it. This book focuses more on Ronan, who while not my favorite character, is still interesting to read. I’m looking forward to learning more about him.
- Winter by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) – This is the final book in the Lunar Chronicles series. I started it reading it back when it first came out but then put down the book and lost it in my room. I went on a hunt looking for it and eventually found it in a shoe bin. Don’t ask me why it was there, I have no idea. This is one of my favorite all time series and I need to know how it ends.
- TBD February Book Club Book – No idea what this is, but once I find out it will surely be on my TBR for this month. I’m hoping for something romancey. Cause you know, Valentine’s day and all.
Not sure how many of these I will actually get to. There is a lot of fantasy on here and usually I like to switch that up by reading a contemporary in between. Only time will tell what I actually read.
Would love to know what you are reading this month? Either comment down below or post a link to your TBR. I’d love to see it.
P.S. This post was supposed to go up 2 days ago but I came down with a nasty illness, so it’s late. Good news, I’m slowly feeling better.