First and foremost, I’d like to thank the awesome Bella from Bella Blogs Because Books for nominating me for this award/book tag thing. You’re so sweet and I love reading your posts. If you have not checked out her blog, you totally should!
On with the Rules and Questions!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. How many times do you check your blog per day?
During the weekdays I check my blog an embarrassing amount of times. In my defense I have three different ones I’m trying to keep up with. That being said I need to be better about posting and like nobody follows me so it’s mostly me just enjoying my own posts lol. Alright, moving on from this….
2. Beach or mountains?
This is so hard! I’m spoiled because I live like 20 minutes from the beach and my grandparents own a house up in the mountains. I get to enjoy both. Since it’s winter, I’m going to with mountains because I love to ski. Fun fact, it’s the only sport I’m good at.
3. Which character is your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Ugh, there are too many. I’m gonna go with Jem from The Infernal Devices series. I feel like Will steals most peoples hearts when they read this series, but Jem stole mine!
4. What good qualities do all of your favorite books share?
Thinking about my favorites they all have interesting/cool characters, an interesting plot, and sometimes make me emotional. I love books that make me both laugh and cry. I also tend to really enjoy books that have an ensemble cast so many of my favorites have a solid team.
5. Where is your favorite place to read?
So my sister has this comfy lounge chair in her room that’s perfect for reading. I sneak in there all the time when she’s away in college.
6. Which is your least favorite character of all time and why?
I spent a lot of time thinking about this one. Originally, I was going to go with a villain I hated (for example Pike from The 100 (the TV show)), but you’re supposed to hate villains. Instead, I’m going to pick Holden Caulfield because he’s so annoying and is supposed to be someone you relate too and I just found him frustrating. Gah!
7. What is a random fun fact about you?
This is my go to fun fact. I’m from Long Island so when I was a toddler I had the WORST New York accent of all time. It was so bad that I used to pronounce the Lion King, the Loin King.
8. Do you have any pets?
Yes! I have a cat named Sasha and a crazy dog named Oreo (she’s a poodle and shih tzu mix).
9. How often do you visit the library?
Not as often as I used too. I generally go when a book I’ve requested has come in.
10. What is your favorite bookstore?
I’m obsessed with this second hand shop in the city called Book Off. I definitely talked about this in my first Book Haul, but they have a dollar books section and it’s awesome. It is such a wide variety of things and they are constantly getting new books in. I am still figuring out where to put books so I have to restrict myself from going there often. It’s hard to resist the dollar book.
11. Talk about the first book that comes to mind.
The first book that popped into my mind was A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro. Probably because I have been seeing it when I scrolled through my GoodReads to answer other questions. It is an interesting take on Sherlock and Watson as it follows their descendants. I love that our Sherlock in this series is female! I went into this not really knowing what to expect. I ended up really enjoying it because it was different. Also, I’m a sucker for anything Sherlock Holmes related. Jamie and Charlotte were so much fun to read about and ugh, I ship them so hard haha. The sequel comes out soon (this month actually) and I’m excited to see what adventure our characters go on next.
Okay alright now it’s my time to nominate some people. I’m an awkward turtle and don’t know a lot of people. So I’m only going to nominate Kayla and Neko from Books, Boxes & Baubles. You guys are awesome and I love reading your blog. Not sure if you’ve already done this or not. If so just appreciate the praise!
I also am gonna be lame and nominate anyone who reads this and wants to answer my questions. Leave a link down below to your post so I can read it. 🙂
1. If you were an animal which would you be and why?
2. Which fictional world would you want to live in?
3. What are your favorite kinds of blog posts to write?
4. Do you prefer to buy books or borrow them from the library?
5. You’re stranded on a deserted island. Which three books would you want to have with you?
6. Funny books or cry worthy books?
7. Do you have a favorite movie? What is it?
8. If you could have any kind of magical power, which would you want?
9. What is a trope that you’re tired of reading about?
10. What is something you wish you were good at?
11. Tell me about the book you’re currently reading. Would you recommend it?
Thanks for reading! Looking forward to seeing your post!