I did not have a great reading month in February. My excuse will be that it was a shorter month and the library was not on my side. I had to wait a while for two books that I planned on reading. Unfortunately, they both decided to become available at the same time I was in the middle of Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. I have the worst luck.
Since I did not get to many of the books on my February TBR last month, there will be some repeats this month. I’m also setting the bar low in hopes of completing everything on this list. Let’s get into it.
First, I’m going to tell you about the books I’m currently reading (and obviously hoping to finish in March).
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – I’m about 2/3rds of the way into this book. It was on my TBR for February and I was looking forward to reading it. To be honest it is a slower read than I thought it was going to be. I’m not sure how I feel about it at the moment. I had such high expectations, as I’ve heard nothing but good things, but find myself a little disappointed. I’m hoping to finish this in the next week because I’m so close to being finished with it. Also hoping the end will change things for me.
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson – I picked this up specifically for my trip. It looked like a fun contemporary read and I thought it would be perfect for the plane ride. Unfortunately, I spent most of my time watching new movie releases and sleeping on the plane. I’m just getting to it now and am only about 50 pages in. So far I’m liking it. I’m interested to see where the story goes.
These next few books are ones that I’m also hoping to read in March. Two of them are repeats from last month and one I randomly picked from my GoodReads TBR. I say again, I’m setting the bar low in hopes of actually reading them all.
- City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments, #5) – I’m really hoping to finish this series and read Lady Midnight before Book Con in June. Cassie is attending and I don’t want to be accidentally spoiled when I see her panel (which I’m hoping to attend). Somehow I’ve managed not to be spoiled thus far and I’d like to keep it that way.
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (The Raven Cycle, #2) – This book was also in my last months TBR pile. I read the first book, The Raven Boys, back in December. I want to continue on with the series while everything is still fresh in my mind.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (ACOTAR, #1) – This series has been getting so much hype recently. Everyone has been raving about the sequel to this book, A Court of Mist and Fury. I figured it was time to hop on the band wagon. I am already a fan of the Throne of Glass series, so I might as well check out Sarah’s other series. Plus it’s a Beauty and the Beast retelling (I think) and the live action movie is coming out, so what a perfect way to get ready for that.
That’s it for this month. Hopefully the library cooperates with me this time and I will actually get to all of these. I am slowly seeing how it is helpful to actually own these books. However, I have put myself on a buying ban until I get my room organized. It’s a mess. Especially since I brought back a ton of shit from my trip.
Comment down below with your TBR for this month! Would love to know what everyone else is reading this month.