This month is a busy one for me. I signed up to do Camp NaNoWriMo and write 25,000 words. On top of that I started an improv class, and my birthday is also this month. I’ve set the reading bar sort of low, because I have a feeling I will be spending more time writing than reading. I have some library books and my book club pick of the month that I need to get to. I’m hoping to read at least 4 books, but we’ll see what happens.
1. The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (The Raven Cycle #2) — I have finally picked up the second book to this series. While the first book was a little slow for me at the beginning, I ended up really enjoying it. I’m excited to see where Stiefvater takes the story next. I’m currently about 30 pages in and intrigued so far.
2. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (ACOTAR #1) — This is definitely next on my reading list as I have borrowed a copy from the library. After I binge read the Throne of Glass series, I thought about diving into this series next because I enjoyed Maas’s writing style. At the time, I was hesitant because the synopsis did not grab me as Throne of Glass did. However, everyone has been raving about this series and I figured I might as well see what all the fuss is about. I’m hoping to read this soon as it is due back early next week.
3. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas — It is my pick for my book club this month and I chose this bad boy. I’ve been dying to read it as everyone has been raving about it. I’m also trying to branch out and read more diversely. I’ve heard nothing but good things about this book, and I cannot wait to read this.
4. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han (Summer #1) — I recently picked this book at my second hand book store for super cheap. I really enjoy Jenny Han’s writing and want to read more by her. This book seems like fun and will fill my contemporary need for the month. I love a good summer romance.
5. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher — Alright, so this book just got made into a TV series on Netflix. I’m super curious to see how they pulled it off as I did get halfway through this book a few years ago. This was one of those books that I put down because I got distracted and then my eBook loan expired. I was too lazy to re-borrow the book, so it remains unread. I love talking about movies and TV, so I would love to talk more about adaptations on here. Usually it really doesn’t matter to me which medium (book or movie) I experience first. As I did start the book a long time ago, I figure I should finish it before heading into the TV show.
That’s all for my TBR this month. I’m honestly not even sure if I will get to the last book on my list. I have a lot on my plate this month and I’m trying to find balance. As long as I read the first four (or just four in general), I will be happy.
Expect a book haul post soon as I just received my insane order from BookOutlet. I went a little crazy on their whole “Spend $40 and get free shipping” deal. I have put myself again on a book buying hiatus! I seriously have no room for more books. I don’t even know where I’m going to put the ones I just bought. Also expect some reviews and maybe a post on my general thoughts on book to movie adaptations. I was a film studies major in college, so I’d like to think I have a unique outlook on the subject.
Anyway…let me know if any of these books are also on your TBR for this April! Would love to know what everyone is reading this month. Let’s chat in the comments.