It’s a new month, which means a new batch of books to read. This month I have set the bar high. Maybe too high. But with BookCon coming up, I figure what better way to get ready for this book convention than to read a ton of books! We’ll see how many I actually get through.
1. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher — This was the only book I did not get to on last month’s TBR. I need to read this. Especially because everyone keeps talking about the Netflix series that just came out. I cannot start watching that until I read this book. Hopefully it actually happens this month.
2. The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George — This is my book club’s book for the month of May. It was my friend Kim’s pick and I’m definitely intrigued by it. It follows a guy who has his own floating bookstore and prescribes books to people who are going through a tough time. I’m not sure what to expect going in, but hopefully I like it.
3. The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson (Mistborn #1) — I picked up this book a few months ago. I’ve heard nothing but good things from both BookTubers and friends. It’s a story about thieves set in a fantasy world controlled by our villain. This series is known for having one of the most well thought out magic systems. I don’t know why I put it down, because I was really enjoying the writing and story. This is a book I desperately need to get back too!
4. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne — I need at least one contemporary romance to get me through the month and I recently borrowed this one from my library. It is a story about two people that hate each other and then fall in love. This book has been getting a lot of rave reviews, so I’m hoping its an awesome contemporary.
5. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (ACOTAR #2) — Everyone and their mother has been raving about this book. It’s the sequel to A Court of Thorns and Roses which I just finished reading. It is such a massive book and a little daunting. However, I’m looking forward to reading it and seeing what all of the hype is about. Plus, the third and final book to this trilogy, A Court of Wings and Ruin, comes out today. What better way to celebrate than by reading this book.
6. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments #6) — At the beginning of the year I set out on a quest to read most (if not all) of Cassandra Clare’s books before BookCon so I would not be spoiled when I went to her panel. This is the next book on that list. I should have read this last month, but it completely slipped my mind. I’m really not sure if I will actually complete my quest with about a month to go. There are just so many books that I want to read.
7. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (The Dark Artifices #1) — If by some miracle I have time to read this before BookCon, I want to read this. I really don’t think I’ll get to it, but if by some miracle I fly through the six books above I will read it.
Alright, so this is definitely one of my ambitious TBRs yet. More than half of these books have 500+ words. God help me. I’m also not sure if I want to read The Bane Chronicles before I read Lady Midnight. So many books to read, so little time. Especially, since my writing goal for the month is to get to my halfway/reevaluating point. All I know is that this month is sure looking like it’s going to be a busy one. At least in terms of reading.
Are you planning on reading any of these books this month? If not, let me know what you’re hoping to read and we can chat down about it down in the comments.