My blog turned 1 year old a few weeks ago, which has been pretty exciting! On January 5th, I posted my first ever TBR and began my book blogging journey. Since then I have gained over 100 followers, started a BookTube Channel, and I read a total of 44 books. 2017 has been a pretty productive year, but I’m hoping 2018 will be even better.
Today, I thought I would share with you my Bookish and Writing Goals for 2018. I don’t usually set so many goals, but I thought it would be fun! That way next year I can look back and see what I managed to accomplish.
- Read 50 books — 50 books was my reading challenge for last year, but I did not manage to reach that goal. So this year I’m determined to actually go and read those god damn 50 books! Out of all my bookish goals, this is my top priority.
- Read at least 1 book from my physical TBR — I have developed a serious book buying problem in 2017. My favorite used book store is only 3 blocks away from my job, and they always have such great deals. Their dollar book section specifically is very good, so I usually just pick up whatever titles I’ve heard of and that I’m interested in. This has resulted in me collecting a shit ton of books that I have yet to actually read. I’m hoping by reading at least 1 book that I own a month will help me make my way through all of the unread books on my shelf.
- Finish or get caught up with at least 3 series — Another bad habit that I have is starting series and not finishing them. It’s such a problem! Half of the time, I forget or am lazy. The other half is because I don’t want the series to end (which I realize sounds stupid). However, I have started so many series that it’s gotten way out of hand and I desperately need to catch up.
- Reach my halfway/reevaluating point with my WIP — This is something that I should have been able to complete last year, but was too lazy to do so. Currently, I am a chapter and a half away from completing this goal so if it doesn’t happen someone needs to slap me.
- Finish first draft of WIP — This is sort of a lowkey goal, my main concern is reaching my halfway/reevaluating point. I’m also not sure what I will be doing once that point. I may go back and start my rewrite, or a may just continue on until I finish the draft. Regardless, I would like to complete a first draft of this project by the end of this year. I’ve been working on this book for so long, and would like to actually make some headway with it.
- Outline Heist Novel and finish character bios — Yes, you heard that right. I am writing a heist novel! I had a massive breakthrough with this project in December, and am really excited to start working on it. Since heist novels require so much research and planning, I am giving myself a year to do all of that. If you’d like to hear me talk about this project more in length, check out my latest writing vlog.
- Begin sketch writing again — Three years ago, I was very much into sketch writing. Since then I have really slacked off with my sketch writing, which is a shame. I really enjoy the medium, and would like to see some of my works performed. I am participating in a sketch workshop, so this is another goal that will be completed in the near future.
- Post at least 1 time a week — Since starting my BookTube Channel, I have been horrible at posting on this thing. I do enjoy blogging and want to continue writing reviews and posting. I think posting at least 1 time a week is manageable, so that’s what we’re shooting for. I think I might decide on a specific day to post, but that is TBD.
- Post things other than reviews — Recently, I have been posting a lot of reviews. Which has been fun, and I’m sure helpful for you guys, but this blog needs some variety. If you would like to see me do a tag or talk about something, leave a comment down below!
- Post at least 1 time a week — I’m just really bad at posting guys, across all platforms. There are some weeks I post like 2 videos in a week, and then it takes me a week and half to post the next batch. I want to get on a more consistent uploading schedule to make life easier for me and make sure that my content is consistent
- Become more active in the community — I really suck at talking to people, commenting, and just being an active member in the BookTube community (the book blogger community too). That is something that I would like to see change and meet more people.
Those are all of my goals Bookish/Writing Goals for 2018. I think I set a fair amount of goals that I can totally complete this year. My writing goals will be the most challenging, but this is the year that I am productive!
Let me know what your New Year’s resolutions are! They don’t have to be book related, they can be life goals or any sort of goals. Let’s chat down below.